Monday, June 8, 2009

Shoestring budget

Well, the time has come to make life a little more adventurous. With yet another (3rd) unsuccessful job prospect out here in SLC, it's time for me to get moving. The idea is to secure a seasonal job over in the northeast coast starting late July. Until then, it's all about living in the Tetons. The Grand Teton is a peak I've wanted to climb for such a long time. I plan on having a solid 2 week window up there so hopefully I'll have opportunities to climb more than just the Grand, but that one is certainly what I have my eyes set on when I first get there. There is so much to climb there and I hope to get on some not-so-know routes as well.

What else is new? The other day I went on a hike in BCC, which was amazing.

A view of the Twins


A cave/mine shaft I found along the way. It had a certain Indian Jones feel to it.

Later in the day my housemate went for a jump. He loves jumping off things and out of 115+ jumps, today was one of his worst jumps by far. A strange wind picked up just as he jumped off the cliff (In Rock Canyon, Utah) which violently brought him to the ground. He's relatively ok. He left some skin on the asphalt but gained some wisdom.


Stew immediately regretting his decision.


Stew with his knee's, heels and hands bruised. He also managed to hit his head against a boulder. Very fortunate he was wearing a helmet or things could have been messy.


Stew's shirt which he will now wear on all of his jumps.

No comments: