Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Funemployment is about to end.

So coasting along on a minimal budget with out a job is about to come to an end. Soon, starting August 8th, I will be coasting along on a minimal budget with a job! Whoohoo.

It's been since Mid-January. Times are tough in the job market. I would say that I learned more in the outdoors over that duration than I ever would anywhere else. I put myself in situations and taught myself some new tricks. Here's a tick list of what I've been up to. I think I packed a couple of lifetimes the last 7 months.

100+ Days of skiing in the Wasatch. Many over the collar, really freaking deep days of skiing.
2 new pairs of skis.
A fair bit of climbing, hiking, & running in LCC & BCC.
Mt. Rainier via Kautz route.
Mt. Hood - skiing on some of the deepest days they had this season.
Tetons - Hiking
Zion, SW Utah, Gunks - Climbing up up up and away.
-6 score in Wii Golf. Beat that Tiger.

The job is working with the Green Mountain Club. Here, I will be a caretaker for the summit hut on Mt. Mansfield. So you can find me there 5 days a week. The other two is my time off and I plan on seeing what VT. has to offer for climbing. This job runs into mid November. From there who knows where I'll be, but I hope to make my way back to Utah. The snow is my compass needle.

No comments: